I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Becoming Myself - Stasi Eldredge

"Becoming Myself is for anyone who wonders if her life will ever change -- if she will ever change. Eldredge teaches readers that God wants them to participate in their transformation as he completes His good work in them. She invites women to look at their pasts, struggles, and wounds with honesty and mercy and to look toward their future with hope. An exploration of a women's true self, Becoming Myself will help women understand their identity and learn more about the God who beckons them to come closer." (Publisher's Description)

I have read books by Stasi Eldredge before and enjoyed them so when this book came up as a special book review offer I opted in.  Little did I know what I was getting myself into.  She is very open about the struggles in her life (weight loss, childhood issues) and how to use these to embrace all that God has for us.  I have and still struggle with many issues and found myself needing Kleenex and having to put the book down quiet often.  I am still working through the book, but I love this quote "Though our past has shaped us, we are not our past. Though our failures and sin have had an effect on who we are, we are not defined by our failures or sin."

"Book has been provided courtesy of David C. Cook and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller.” 


Check out the book trailer below!



No comments:

Post a Comment