I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Revealing Jesus - Darlene Zschech

"Powerful Encounters With the Heart of Our Savior For Every Day.  Do you long for more of God's presence? Do you ache to see Him at work in your life? Do you desire His peace and rest? Renowned worship leader Darlene Zschech invites you to gather with her around the Word of God. Born out of her own yearnings that she poured onto the pages of journals, these meditations and Scriptures reveal Jesus and speak of His finished work--how He tenderly cares for you and wants you to know Him.  Honest, raw, and beautifully written, these devotions will inspire your journey and encourage you in every season. Come, sit at the feet of our Lord, be strengthened in your weakness, embrace His love for you, and breathe in His peace."

I have been looking for a good devotional for some time, so I jumped at the chance to review this book.  I must say, it is a wonderful devotional which arrived at a perfect time!  It is laid out over 365 days, so I started reading from the day I got it.  Each devotion is only one page, which is perfect for a quick morning read before I have to get my three young kids ready for the day.  Don't let the length fool you though.  Each page is full of depth that leaves you with a lot to think on; but also has wonderful encouragements and biblical truths that will uplift you as well.  Darlene is very open and honest in her reflections and let me say they are challenging and encouraging.  I am so happy that I chose to review this book and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a short, but powerful and impacting devotional.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment