I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

insignificant by Chris Travis

Publisher's Description:
If you want to change the world, you have to do it God's way. And God's way looks nothing like our culture's way. Author and pastor Chris Travis gathers powerful true stories--including his own experiences teaching in a dangerous public school--to cast a vision of how God has a way of turning things upside down: he makes the weak strong, the foolish wise, and the insignificant matter. Anyone who wants to live a life of meaning will benefit from this gripping and insightful book. Includes end-of-chapter questions for personal study or small group discussions.
Review:
insignificant by Chris Travis was really interesting to me.  I have never worked in a school in Harlem, but I have gone through times in life where God has stripped me down to the core, and then begun to rebuild me.  I think anyone that has been in leadership has had to go through something similar and Travis writes in a way that you can identify with him in his agony and his thoughts.  Leaders learn to rely on their gifts, but what happens when they are useless to the situation, and you are forced to do things by leaning on God for everything?  This is a must read for the well-established leader.

A copy of this book was provided by Bethany House for my review.

If you are in the Ottawa area, please check out http://www.salemstorehouse.com/ for Christian books and supplies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment