I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mary Magdalene - Diana Wallis Taylor

One woman desperate for hope. One Savior with the power to heal.  A beautiful girl blossoming into womanhood, Mary has high hopes for a life filled with learning, family, and young love. In one dreadful night, all of that changes. The nightmares come first, then the waking visions of unspeakable terror, until Mary hardly remembers her dreams for the future.  Can the Most High deliver her from this torment? How long must she wait for healing? (publisher's description)

This book was easy to read because it was incredibly impossible to put down. The story of Mary Magdalene is beautifully woven and draws the reader completely in.  For me it brought so many things that I have read in the bible to life.   Some of my favorite parts of the book were the interactions Mary had with Jesus when she was healed and when she was the first to see Him at the tomb. I highly recommend this book for everyone who loves biblical fiction but I would advise to have a box of Kleenex on hand!
 
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments:

Post a Comment