I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Gifted - Ann H. Gabhart

"Jessamine Brady has been in the Shaker Village for half her young life, but in spite of how she loves her sisters there, she struggles to conform to the strict rules. Instead she entertains dreams of the world outside. When Tristan Cooper seems to step out of those dreams to entice her into the forbidden realm beyond the Shaker Village, her life turns upside down.  Will Jessamine be able to survive the storms of the world? Or will she retreat back to the peace of Harmony Hill?"

This was my first foray into fiction involving the Shaker  movement.  While some of their beliefs baffled me, I can appreciate the desire for the simple things.  I enjoyed reading this book.  I loved the little journal entries that would be inserted every now and then by Sister Sophrena.  It added another dimension to the story telling.  This book is one that I would recommend as a good one for packing in the bag to read at the beach or camping.  I'll have to go back and check out the other Shaker books written by Ann H. Gabhart!!!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group


No comments:

Post a Comment