I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Am Second – By Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett

Review By Jason Rivers

My first exposure to this concept of I Am Second was when I saw a screening of Soul Surfer, and found out that Bethany Hamilton did one of the I Am Second videos.  I wanted to find out more, but as with life, time passed and I forgot about it.  I had the opportunity to review the book, and jumped at it.
Essentially, I Am Second is a collection of stories of people from all walks of life from rock stars to people going through a divorce, or from sports heroes to a woman desperate to the point of being a prostitute.  The common thread in all cases is that each person or couple came to a point where they were at their lowest and they came to a place where following Jesus Christ was the choice that they made. 

This book is done with a modern edge.  Each story is told with some descriptions from the authors.  At the end of each story is a QR code leading to the video online.  Some stories also have links to other stories of people’s I Am Second videos that are not in the book.

This book is such a good place to look into the stories of people and their experiences.  In my life I see people that always want to debate the Bible, with I Am Second, it is hard to debate someone’s experience.  This book can also be an excellent way to start discussions with people because many of the stories are from people well known in culture.  It could be used to help in leading the unsaved to the place where they declared for themselves, “I Am Second”

I was provided a complimentary copy of this book from Booksneeze for the purposes of review.  I was free to review the book as I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment