I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So Long Insecurity – Leader’s Guide by Beth Moore

My first encounter with Beth Moore was with my wife taking a course The Inheritance.  When she came home from her course she was always excited, had learned a great deal and was able to go into depth in about various portions of scripture.  I love that.  When I saw this leader’s guide available for review I became excited.  This book/course is about looking at many of the insecurities that women face, and Beth Moore carefully and skilfully leads the reader and for that matter the leader away from the lies and distractions of the modern culture and towards the promises that God has for women. 

I was pleased with this guide.  It would work best if purchased with the book So Long Insecurity.  Each lesson has portions where the guide refers to the book which I have not read.  I enjoyed some of the ideas that Ms. Moore brought in.  When she writes about Sarai and Hagar it struck a chord with me.  I have seen this kind of thing in the lives of people around me, and even in my own life.  She was speaking about the idea of how sometimes people feel threatened in some aspect of their lives when there is some person there that could do something better than we could. 

The book is written to women, but could be applied to anyone.  We all have similar insecurities.  I recommend it to anyone struggling with insecurity.  I’m sure finding a group of people to go through it with you would not be too hard.
I was provided a complimentary copy to review from Tyndale House.

No comments:

Post a Comment